Who doesn’t love brownies? Soft, gooey, and full of chocolatey goodness – what could be better? If you’re looking to step up your baking game in the kitchen, then this homemade brownie recipe with coconut oil is just what you need! With a few simple ingredients and minimal effort required, these delicious treats are sure to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
Ready for something new and exciting? This unique twist on traditional brownies will bring a whole new level of flavor and texture to your dessert tray. Coconut oil adds a rich nutty taste that pairs perfectly with melted chocolate chips. Plus, it provides an extra boost of healthy fats that make these treats even more enjoyable.
The best part about making your own brownies at home is that they can easily be customized to suit any preference or dietary restriction. Whether you like them fudgy or cakey, vegan or gluten-free – the possibilities are endless! So let’s get started with this easy yet tasty homemade brownie recipe with coconut oil!
This recipe came about when I had a hankering for brownies but did not have my usual unsweet apple sauce that I normally use for my brownie mix. While rummaging through my pantry I found my coconut cooking oil and thought, AHA! I am curious how brownies would turn out with this simple substitution? Well are you ready for a delicious homemade brownie recipe that uses coconut oil? I’m here to share with you the perfect combination of ingredients and instructions to make fudgy brownies right at home.
Now let’s start making these tasty treats! With just a few simple steps and some patience (it’ll be worth it!), you can have fresh-baked brownies infused with exotic flavors that tantalize any taste bud. So grab those ingredients and let’s get baking!
Ingredients And Measurements
As we transition from the introduction of our blog post to the preparation of a delectable homemade brownie recipe with coconut oil, one key point must be made: this is no ordinary baking experience! We are about to embark on an exciting journey into innovative culinary arts – so put away your vegetable oils and hello to tasty coconut oil.
Let’s begin by gathering all necessary ingredients and their measurements. Now that we have collected all needed materials and organized them accordingly, it’s time to start cooking up some deliciousness; let’s get creative! With just one bite of our finished product, we can guarantee you won’t regret taking part in this scrumptious experiment. It may seem daunting at first but trust us – it’s worth every second!
Can You Use Coconut Oil For Brownie Batter?
Yes, you can use coconut oil for brownie mix! Coconut oil is a great substitute for traditional butter or vegetable oil in baking recipes. It adds flavor and moisture to the finished product while still providing the desired texture of chewy brownies. Plus, it’s vegan-friendly so everyone can enjoy them! Here are some tips on how to make our homemade brownie recipe with coconut oil:
* Use dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. Darker chocolate will give your brownies a richer taste.
* Replace white sugar with its more flavorful counterpart – brown sugar. This change will add depth to your treats without overpowering the other flavors involved.
* For those looking for plant-based alternatives, try replacing regular eggs with flax eggs when making vegan brownies! Flax eggs provide an equally delicious result but are animal-free.
Making delicious chewy brownies at home doesn’t have to be complicated; just grab a few simple ingredients and start experimenting. The results won’t disappoint – you’ll be surprised by what adding coconut oil does to transform ordinary boxed mixes into extraordinary treats that even non-vegans love! So don’t hesitate, get creative with this versatile ingredient and whip up some tasty desserts today!
What Are The Benefits Of Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is becoming increasingly popular in baking, especially when making vegan brownies. Not only does it give delicious flavor and texture to the dark chocolate brownies, but it also comes with a host of health benefits. Let’s explore these perks further!
The main benefit of using coconut oil instead of other oils is that it contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs). These MCFAs have antimicrobial properties which can help protect against viruses, bacteria, and fungi. Additionally, they are quickly broken down into energy by the liver – meaning you won’t experience any sugar spikes or crashes after eating your chewy coconut oil brownie. Coconut oil has been shown to raise levels of ‘good’ HDL cholesterol while lowering ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol – helping improve heart health overall.
Using this superfood ingredient in your homemade brownie recipe means that you get all the goodness without compromising on taste. The combination of vanilla extract and melted coconut oil makes for one seriously luxurious treat! As an added bonus, because coconut oil solidifies at room temperature there’s no need for butter – so not only is this vegan brownie recipe healthier than its traditional counterpart, but it’s quicker too!
What Can You Add To Brownie Mix Instead Of Oil?
Transitioning from the benefits of coconut oil, it’s worth exploring what you can add to brownie mix instead of oil. Many people opt for a jar of coconut oil when baking their own homemade brownies. Unrefined coconut oil is favored because it has the most natural taste and aroma compared to refined varieties. Coconut oil adds an exotic flavor profile that will take your warm coconut oil brownie recipe up a notch!
Using coconut oil in place of traditional oils like vegetable or canola also offers nutritional benefits. Because coconut oil doesn’t contain trans fats, some experts believe it may help improve cholesterol levels and reduce risk factors associated with heart disease. When selecting which type to use for your boxed mix or homemade mix, make sure to pick one labeled as “virgin” or “unrefined.” This way, you’ll get all the wonderful health benefits without any added preservatives or chemicals.
If you’re looking to replace oil in brownie mix, there are several alternatives you can consider. Here are some options:
- Butter: Melted butter can be a good substitute for oil. Use the same quantity as the recommended oil in the recipe.
- Applesauce: Unsweetened applesauce can be used as a healthier alternative. Substitute applesauce for oil in equal proportions.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt adds moisture and richness. You can replace oil with an equal amount of Greek yogurt.
- Avocado: Mashed avocado is a healthy option that can replace oil. Use the same amount of mashed avocado as you would oil.
- Banana: Mashed ripe banana can add moisture and natural sweetness. Substitute mashed banana for oil in equal proportions.
If you’re looking for something special for your next batch of brownies, give unrefined coconut oil a try! It’s easy enough to use – just melt down the jar of coconut oil before adding it into your mix. With its unique nutty depth and subtle sweetness, this pantry staple will have everyone asking for seconds!
How Do You Make Brownie Mix Without Eggs Or Oil?
The aroma of freshly-baked brownies wafting through the air is enough to make anyone’s mouth water. For those looking for a delicious and eggless alternative, creating homemade brownie mix without eggs or oil can be easily done with just a few ingredients at hand. To create an all-natural egg replacer, combine ¼ cup of almond milk with 1 tablespoon of purpose flour or flaxmeal; this mixture will act as an effective replacement for one large egg in any baking recipe.
To begin making your coconut oil brownies, preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8×8 inch square pan with melted butter. In a medium bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup of all purpose flour, 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Once combined fully, add into the dry mixture and the egg previously prepared. Stir until everything is well blended before adding in 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup light brown sugar; stir again until evenly incorporated. Finally, fold in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract along with any additional ingredients you might like—such as nuts or chocolate chips—before pouring batter into greased pan.
Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out cleanly from center of pan. Let cool completely before slicing and serving up some warm gooey goodness! With this simple yet delicious coconut oil brownie recipe free from eggs and oil, you’ll have everyone asking for seconds!
Here are some other egg substitutions:
- Applesauce: Use 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce for each egg in the recipe. Applesauce adds moisture and works well in brownies.
- Banana: Mashed ripe banana can be used as an egg substitute. Use 1/4 cup of mashed banana for each egg.
- Yogurt: Substitute 1/4 cup of plain yogurt for each egg. Greek yogurt is a good option for added richness.
- Silken Tofu: Blend 1/4 cup of silken tofu until smooth and use it as a replacement for each egg.
- Buttermilk: Use 1/4 cup of buttermilk for each egg. This can enhance the moisture and flavor of your brownies.
- Vinegar and Baking Soda: Mix 1 tablespoon of white or apple cider vinegar with 1 teaspoon of baking soda to replace one egg. This creates a leavening effect.
- Commercial Egg Replacer: There are commercial egg replacers available in stores. Follow the package instructions for the appropriate substitution ratio.
Can I Use Milk Instead Of Water For Brownies?
Making brownies with milk instead of water can add a rich and creamy flavor. If you’re looking to make moist, delicious brownies that are sure to hit the spot, here is how to get started:
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Gather all the ingredients and allow to set out at room temperature while you prepare the pans and let the oven heat up. If you are using the option of 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate or solid coconut oil you will want to melt those together in a bowl in the microwave. Use a microwave-safe bowl and combine the two ingredients. Heat it up in 30 second intervals and stir before another 30 seconds. You just want it melted enough to combine, you aren’t trying to get it to a boil.
2. Put everything in a large bowl and mix until well combined using a wooden spoon or electric hand mixer. Once mixed together pour into an 8×8-inch square pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper so it’s easy to remove from the pan. Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack of your oven or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
3. Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting them into squares; use a wire rack for best results when cooling down baked goods as they’ll be less likely to stick to surfaces this way. When ready enjoy them plain or pair them with some ice cream! For those who have dietary restrictions try making these gluten free brownies with almond flour; just replace the regular flour for an equal amount of almond flour-free mix found in most grocery stores nowadays! To speed up melting chocolate chips without having to turn on the stovetop try putting them in a microwave safe bowl and heating them up in intervals of 30 seconds stirring after each interval – once melted add it directly into your batter for extra decadence!
Now that the brownies are prepared and in the pan, it’s time to get creative. Chocolate lovers rejoice! Topping your homemade fudge brownies with a scoop of ice cream is sure to be a hit. For added pizzazz, try sprinkling some chopped nuts on top for an extra crunchy texture. Since we are using coconut oil why not add coconut flakes or other dried fruits? Maple syrup can be a great sugar substitute or even a topping.
If you’re feeling adventurous, why not drizzle melted chocolate or caramel over the top? This will guarantee gooey brownies that even the most die-hard chocolate fanatics can appreciate. You can even try swirling in some peanut butter write before you bake them for the perfect peanut butter brownies.
No matter what toppings you choose, one thing remains true: these homemade chocolaty goodness are bound to satisfy any craving. So gather up your ingredients and let your creativity run wild – your delicious results await!
Gluten-Free Brownie Recipe Option
You can substitute different flours to make these gluten free, if you want to make coconut flour brownies or an almond flour brownie recipe (or any other gluten free flour mix) you will want to look up appropriate conversions because many times you will need much less of those flours than if you were using all purpose flour. This may also change the baking time required so check and make sure you know what you need. Changing the flours shouldn’t change the rich chocolate flavor, but the texture and moistness is what could be way off if you don’t check. You could even give black bean brownies a try.
Homemade Brownie Mix in a Jar
Looking for a thoughtful and unique gift idea? How about trying out homemade brownie mix in a jar! With just a few simple ingredients, creating a DIY brownie mix to gift or keep on hand for a quick and easy dessert is a breeze. And for those who prefer using coconut oil in their baking, simply swap out the melted butter for liquid coconut oil in the recipe. The refined coconut oil will be solid at room temperature so gently warm it up before adding it to the mix. Mix all the ingredients together, including the eggs and vanilla extract, and then give it a good stir. The end result will be rich, chocolatey brownies with a hint of coconut flavor. Delicious!
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar (250g)
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour (83g)
- ½ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder (50g)
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
Add that to the jar with a cute recipe tag. Then add the following ingredients and bake at 350 for 25-30 mins.
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Substituting Coconut Oil In A Boxed Brownie Mix
Substituting coconut oil for other fats and oils in a boxed brownie mix is an easy way to make a healthier version of your favorite treat. With just a few simple steps, you can enjoy the same chocolatey goodness without all those unhealthy ingredients. To start, remove the box’s contents and place them into an airtight container. Normally I just add 1/2 cup organic coconut cooking oil and a 1/4 cup of water instead of vegetable oil! My favorite recipes are the simple ones!
These are easy to combine in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to combine wet ingredients with dry and pour into a prepared pan.
But depending on what your boxed cake mix calls for you can also substitute coconut oil instead of butter or any other fat called for on the package instructions. Make sure it’s melted before mixing it with the dry ingredients from the box. For added flavor and texture, try adding Bob’s Red Mill creamy-style cream cheese spread to the batter too! Once everything is combined well, transfer it into an 8×8 baking dish lined with aluminum foil for easier cleanup. Bake as directed on the package until golden brown and let cool completely before cutting into regular brownies sized pieces. Enjoy your delicious homemade moist brownies made with healthy coconut oil!
What Makes Brownies Fudgy Vs Cakey?
Transitioning from the previous section, let’s explore what truly makes brownies fudgy or cakey. To make homemade brownies with irresistible chew and creamy texture, some use a recipe card that calls for Bob’s Red Mill products. They seem to be in alot of recipes on the internet. However, the key to achieving a fudgy brownie lies in the balance between fat and flour. For a fudgy outcome, the recipe should incorporate a higher amount of fat compared to flour. This can be accomplished by increasing the quantity of butter or real chocolate in your brownie mixture. On the contrary, if you’re aiming for a cakey brownie, the recipe will require a higher proportion of flour in the fat-to-flour ratio.
If your sweet tooth is craving coconut oil-infused brownies, you’ll want to begin by adding 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil into the batter before mixing in other ingredients like sugar, flour and cocoa powder. Once the batter is ready and poured into a baking pan, top it off with dark chocolate chips.
Depending on how long your cooking time is set at will determine whether your outcome is fudgy or cakey. Following the instructions on the recipe card should help produce that desired result. Generally speaking, shorter times tend to yield more moist treats while longer times cause them to dry out more quickly – leading towards being “cakey”. Also keep in mind when experimenting with different recipes; adding an extra egg yolk can give you richer results than traditional recipes call for but may lead to excessive moisture which could also have an adverse effect.
No matter what type of brownie you prefer – chewy or spongy – all types are undeniably delicious! Although slight variations exist between each kind, it all depends on preference and experimentation in order to create something delectable every single time. So don’t forget to grab some Bob’s Red Mill products next time you’re making those dreamy desserts! Are you ready to try this recipe for chewy coconut oil brownies?
How To Store Leftovers
Saving sweet slices for later is a scrumptious solution to satisfy cravings. To store brownies, it’s best to keep them in an airtight container or wrap the leftovers with plastic wrap. For my personal favorite way of storing individual brownies, I cool them completely on a wire rack before transferring them into an airtight container and placing the container into the fridge. Storing brownies this way allows me to enjoy a little bit every day while they stay fresh for a long time, separating them and cooling them keeps them from sticking together as much as if they are left in the pan.
To warm up chilled brownies, just place them onto a plate and microwave in 10-second increments until desired temperature is reached. This method helps preserve moisture and gives you the best results when wanting freshly baked goodness. If you’re going to be eating your leftover brownies the next day, pop them back in the center rack of the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 5 minutes so that their exterior can get crispy again. With these simple steps, your homemade coconut oil brownie recipe will last days longer than expected!
Variations On The Recipe
If you’re looking for a way to mix up your homemade brownie recipe with coconut oil, we’ve got some ideas. Try out one of these delicious variations the next time you bake!
1. ** Less Time ** – If you don’t have much time and still want delicious brownies, try using store-bought Easter chocolates instead. Simply melt the chocolate in a double boiler before adding it into the batter and baking as directed!
2. **Grocery Store** – Buy pre-made cocoa powder from your local grocery store for an easy substitution that will give your brownies an intense flavor. The end result won’t be quite as gooey but they’ll still be yummy!
3. **Crinkly Top** – To get that crinkly top on your brownies like professional bakeries do, add 1/4 cup chocolate pudding cake mix when making the batter. Bake as usual and enjoy those beautiful little ridges!
4. **Next Time** – For even more fun, make sure to experiment with different types of chocolate chips or nuts when making your next batch of delicious brownies with coconut oil! Add shredded coconut for coconut brownies!
No matter what variation you choose, follow our easy instructions above and you’ll soon have a plate full of perfect homemade treats every time.
When making homemade brownies with coconut oil, there can be a few common issues that arise. The first is getting the edges of the brownies crispy and golden-brown. If you’re using less flour in your recipe than usual, this can make it challenging to get crispier edges. To solve this issue, try increasing the temperature slightly higher than what’s recommended in the full instructions for your brownie recipe with coconut oil. This should help ensure those delicious crispy edges!
Another common problem when baking brownies with coconut oil is finding alternative ingredients needed to make them at home. While grocery stores generally carry most items you need, if you find yourself having difficulty tracking down certain ingredients like different types of flours or sugars (like coconut sugar), online retailers like Amazon should have everything you need and can be shipped for free if you have prime..
Troubleshooting tips are useful not only when baking brownies but also when attempting any new homemade recipe! With these tips in mind and some practice, achieving success will become second nature – no matter how complex the dish might be.
In conclusion, homemade brownies made with coconut oil are a delicious treat that you can make in the comfort of your own kitchen. They’re fudgy and moist, full of flavor, and easy to customize using variations on the recipe. Plus, they have all the added health benefits of coconut oil!
Making a delicious chocolatey brownie is really simple: just mix together all the ingredients according to measurements provided, bake for the right amount of time, and let cool before cutting into them. If you find yourself needing help along the way – like if your brownies come out too dry or too cakey – there’s plenty of troubleshooting tips available online.
So don’t be hesitant – get baking! This brownie recipe with coconut oil is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth cravings you have while providing nourishment for your body as well. This is sure to be one of your favorite brownie recipes without a doubt.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil, measured solid
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 9x13 baking pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides.
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate and coconut oil and microwave in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- Add in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and yolk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Next, add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan and cook for 25-30 minutes. Always check with a toothpick.Let cool completely before cutting.